Thursday, October 29, 2009

Berlin, The Wall




















The Wall. To me the most impressive thing in Berlin. Really amazing. Amazing in a tragic but fasinating way. Well, these are pictures of the intact bit. There are murals all over it. My favorite was this last. Many small people who in many small places do many small things that can alter the face of the world.
And in every suvineir shop you can buy chunks of the rubbel. I didn't. It felt kinda weird.
I don't know. The whole thing really made an impression.





1 comment:

mom said...

Fascinating! I grew up with stories of people risking everything to cross the wall (iron curtain was a popular way of expressing it). I was pregnant with Forrest when the wall came down. It was amazing, almost unbelievable, at the time. The face or Europe and the world changed.