Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Last Day

Well. Its my last day in the Netherlands as an exchange student. Tomarrow I leave for the airport at 5:15am Holland time and then 9:45pm California time and Im home. Its so easy, flying around the world. And thats why I dont think going home is so sad. I mean, dont get me wrong, its sad, I love it here, but its not an ending. Its just another part of it. In a year or two Ill come back to Holland and there will be Hollanders coming to the States Im sure.
In this year Ive changed alot. If I hadnt come I still would have changed but Im glad I came because Im happy with how it turned out. Before I came I was me, you all knew me, and I liked who I was, there was nothing wrong with me. Now Im just more me. If that makes sense.
Something that I learned was how to stand by myself, who I am without my family or friends around me. I guess you could say that I became more confident in my iduviduality.
What I want to say is that this year was wonderful, hard, oh so hard, but wonderful. And that Im looking forward to what comes next.

2 comments:

mom said...

See you in 33 hours!

2015 Japan said...

Elise,
I am so glad you shared your year with us! I have enjoyed following you and your adventures. Yes, I am sure you have grown/changed with all the new experiences. You are right to look forward to what is coming next...may it all be good!
Love,
Doty