Monday, June 7, 2010

The Weekend

(looks familiar? its next to the sunken bike)

Saddly I didnt get any pictures this weekend but I did do things. Saturday I went with the family to EO Jongerendag which is a sort of christian music festival. Not the sort of music I listen to regularly but I did enjoy myself.
Then Sunday I went wadlopen with AFS. Wadlopen is walking on the ocean floor (as well as a bit in) at low tide. We walked from the mainlad coast to the island Ameland. It was something around 11 to 13 kilometers and took about four hours. The first hour was the hardest, walking through serious mud but the rest wasnt too bad. I do have blisters though and Im not sure if my shoes are salvageable. The mud was serious. We saw little crabs, mussels, clams, and that sort of thing as well as jellyfish and little fish. I spent most of the time with the other native English speakers and now I wish my last month here wasnt already full so we could have more time to hangout.
But time seems to do that to you. Either long, slow, and painful or way to fast and full of everything. Which reminds me of A Wrinkle in Time. What a great book. You remember The Happy Medium?
Just throwing that out there.

1 comment:

mom said...

Time takes on a different feel when you know things are about to change. What I remember from A Wrinkle in Time is the tesseract.